Coaches’ Principles of Conduct
1. My first responsibility is the health and safety of all participants.
2. Be prepared to handle first aid situations as well as medical emergencies at all practices and games, both home and away:
• Location of nearest emergency medical facilities
• Always carry emergency medical release forms and team safety and information cards
• Follow up all injuries with parents/guardians
4. Know and understand the Laws of the Game
5. Inspect players equipment and field conditions for safety reason
6. Utilize proper teaching and instructing of players regarding safe techniques and methods of play
7. Implement appropriate training programs to make sure players are fit for practice and competition.
8. Supervise and control your players so as to avoid injury situations.
1. Develop the child’s appreciation of the game.
2. Keep winning and losing in proper perspective
3. Be sensitive to each child’s development needs.
4. Educate the players to the technical, tactical, physical and psychological demands of the game for their level.
5. Implement rules and equipment modification according to the players’ age group.
6. Allow players to experience all positions.
7. Players need to have fun and receive positive feedback.
8. Practice should be conducted in the spirit of enjoyment and learning.
9. Provide the appropriate number of training sessions and games according to the player’s stage of development.
10. Strive to help each player reach his or her full potential and be prepared to move to the next stage of development.
1. Strive to maintain integrity within our sport. No foul language or negative behavior.
2. Know and follow all rules and policies set forth by clubs, leagues, state, and national associations.
3. Work in the spirit of cooperation with officials, administrators, coaches and spectators to provide the participants with the maximum opportunity to develop.
4. Be a positive role model
5. Set the standard for sportsmanship with opponents, refereed, administrators and spectators.
6. Keep sport in proper perspective with education.
7. Encourage moral and social responsibility.
8. Coaches should continue their own education in the sport.